"The purpose of Scottsboro City Schools is to maximize the learning of all students."
Our mission is to ensure quality learning by providing students with opportunities and resources to achieve academic excellence and to provide encouragement, support, and respect so that all Scottsboro City School students can become productive citizens.
- All students can achieve their potential if provided with appropriate opportunities.
- All students should have safe and disciplined schools, qualified teachers, committed support staff, challenging curricula, and effective school leaders.
- All students deserve a nurturing environment that promotes a feeling of self-worth.
- Education is a shared responsibility among home, school, and community.
- Learning is a life-long endeavor.
- Today's schools shape tomorrow's work force.
- Innovation in technology and education is necessary to meet the needs of our youth and society.
- Employing, retaining, and appropriately training quality personnel are essential to system effectiveness.
- Schools must offer a diverse and challenging curriculum which supports the various needs and learning styles of all students.
- Extra-curricular activities are important in the overall development of students; moreover, appropriate extra-curricular experiences contribute to academic success.