1. Scientific curiosity! A ready-to-learn attitude!
2. Pencils and pens and maybe investing in some color pencils or highlighters if you are a visual learner (although we do have a classroom set, but some people don't like sharing).
3. A calculator that can perform scientific notation, preferably a Texas Instrument calculator; make sure it is a calculator that you can also use on the ACT!
4. ONE large 3-ring binder notebook (3 ring binder, not a spiral -- you need to be able to ADD into the notebook). **If we have an open notebook test, you CANNOT use sheets of paper! You must have an actual notebook!
5. There is a $20 lab fee. We will spend it this term on necessary supplies. You can pay with cash OR write a check payable to SHS. In the memo of the check, write "chemistry fee." You will receive a receipt for this amount.