SHS is working daily to update this website with all the information that is important to you!
Season 2, Episode 1
Season 2, Episode 2
Season 2, Episode 3
Season 2, Episode 4
Season 2, Episode 5
Season 2, Episode 6
Important Dates & Announcements:
Attention 10th and 11th grade students
The PSAT is scheduled for Wednesday, October 19, 2016.
10th grade students: you are encouraged to take this test as a practice test that will show you firsthand the kind of reading, math, and writing skills you will need to succeed in college.
11th grade students: you are encouraged to take this test as a measure of skills needed for college success, and it could also qualify you for a national merit scholarship.
This test will give you:
- Suggestions on how to improve academically: The score report gives the students personalized feedback on their test performance.
- Preparation for the SAT
- Opportunities to earn scholarships and academic recognition (National Merit Scholarships if students score high enough)
- Information from colleges and universities through a student search service
- A free personalized online college planning kit based on their test results
- Your actual PSAT test and answer document back once the test has been scored to use as a remediation tool to improve academically.
This tool can be very beneficial for you if you will use it.
If you are interested in taking the exam you will need to sign-up in Mrs. Petty’s office. The cost of the exam is $15.00.
- The SHS STAR program is on Thursday, October 20th, at 8:30am. Sophomores and Juniors need to bring a breakfast item. Seniors need to bring a pack of small waters and can go ahead and bring those to Mrs. Sommer's or Dr. Coleman's room.
- Juniors and Seniors:
National Honor Society Applications may be picked up beginning Monday, September 26th in the office.
Applications MUST be returned to Mrs. Bryant in Room B-209 by the end of business on October 7th.
If you have questions, please see Mrs. Bryant or Mrs. Steckel.
- Junior Class Magazine Sale begins Wednesday, August 24 and will end on Friday, September 30th. Please support the juniors and the magazine sale!
- New England Odyssey sign-ups will be coming soon!
- FCCLA School Wide Meeting for all members will be the 1st Thursday of every Month.
- FCCLA STAR Event Planning and work will take place during Block B of Wildcat Block
- See Dr. Coleman or Mrs. Fanning if you wish to Order an FCCLA T-Shirt, be a member of FCCLA, or wish to run for Mr. or Miss FCCLA.
- Ms. Kirby will be hosting a scholarship workshop during both Wildcat blocks every Wednesday. Please see Ms. Kirby in the History wing computer lab across from Coach Rhodes to apply for scholarships weekly.